YUGSA © 2015 | All Rights Reserved
A YUGSA Advocate will:
• Listen to your concerns carefully and take them seriously
• Ask questions to clarify and assess the situation based on the information provided
• Direct you to information regarding University regulations, policies and procedures
• Explore how to address the situation and discuss possible solutions/outcomes
• Offer to intervene by setting up meetings with University administration, faculty and staff when appropriate
• Keep your case records confidential • Refer you to other appropriate and relevant supports and services when needed
• At your request, a representative from the YUGSA can attend meetings with you as a support person
• Fill out forms on students’ behalf
• Provide legal advice or services
• Resolve employment issues with York (we would refer you to CUPE 3903)
You can contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-736-5865. The YUGSA is a separate body from York University and all information you provide will be kept in strict confidence.
The YUGSA works with and on behalf of individual students helping them navigate the administration, deal with issues and solve problems in a variety of areas:
• Issues with your professors, graduate program directors, York staff, or York offices
• Funding issues (not related to employment at YorkU - we will refer you to CUPE 3903)
• Allegations of academic misconduct
• Experiences of discrimination, harassment, or lack of accommodation, including those based on “race,” gender, ethnicity, sexuality, sexual orientation, religion, and ability.
• Petitions and/or appeals
If you aren’t sure where to access support for any issue, whether it is academic or not, please feel welcome to come to the YUGSA to speak with an advocate. Even if we aren’t ultimately able to provide the support you are looking for, we can help you to access the appropriate office or organization.
325 Student Centre - York University | 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3 | +1 (416) 736-5865 | email@example.com